Wheels Up Next Wednesdy Night
That is right. We take off from SFO late next Wednesday night close to 11 pm, destination Hanoi. Our carrier is Cathay Pacific and we will fly through Hong Kong where we will be on the ground for about two and a half hours before we board another Cathay Pacific flight from Hong Kong to Hanoi where we will land around 10 am Hanoi time on Friday morning (7 pm Thursday night on the west coast). Since we will fly over the International Dateline we will lose Thursday on our way to Vietnam. Undoubtedly, the airline will offer us a full meal soon after takeoff, but since it will be way past bedtime when we take off we will take a pass on the meal in favor of getting some sleep; and I may need to do Wordle and Connections after midnight to keep any streaks alive. (I lost a Wordle streak when we flew to Australia in 2023). The flight to Hong Kong is scheduled to take around 15 hours.
We have our visas and have received all necessary vaccinations. I just got my third of three Hep B vaccine shots today. Both of us are up to date with both our Covid and Flu shots, and our passports are ready to go. I have been brushing up on Vietnamese for about six months and am rediscovering that the tone marks on words as well as the diacritical marks on the vowels make Vietnamese fluency challenging. I hope that I will not cause an international incident by saying a word with the wrong tone and/or incorrect vowel sound. If that should happen, you may disavow any knowledge of me (not you, Peter and Gina 😉); however, this message will not self-destruct in 5 seconds.
We are both looking forward to this adventure and I will do my best to keep you abreast of our travels and adventures.
Art
Sounds lovely!!! Enjoy your travels! P.S. May I suggest you add Nerdle to your list of games to have a streak on??? That one is my favorite!
ReplyDelete